Regulated Health Care Professionals return to the studio
June 3, 2020
On May 26th, the Chief Medical Officers of Health (CMOH) released changes to Directive #2 for Health Care Providers, which originally required all regulated health professionals to stop or reduce non-essential services. Regulated health care professionals, when all necessary precautions and protocols are in place to protect patients/clients and themselves, gradually and carefully may begin providing all services, including non-essential services. Please note that because Osteopathy is not regulated, Osteopathic services are not permitted to begin at this time. Updated fee schedule changes can also found here.
We are taking this week to prepare for a gradual reopening beginning June 8th. While many of the cleaning measures below were already in place, we will not reopen unless we are able to meet all new policies and guidelines. We have created a summarized outline of our new studio policies for you to review. A full copy of our studio policies is available upon request.
- Our waiting/reception area will essentially be “closed”. The door will remain locked at all times. One chair will be available in reception for arriving or leaving clients/patients and must be cleaned if used. Tap is now available for payment. If the keypad on our debit/credit machine is used, it will be properly disinfected between use.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Only products approved by Health Canada by cross-referencing the Drug Identification Number (DIN) on the product container will be used.
- High-touch surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected after each appointment. High touch surfaces include: doorknobs, light switches, washrooms including toilet handles, counters, handrails, arm rests, and electronics.
- The treatment room and its equipment will continue to be cleaned and disinfected after each use and between clients.
- Items that are frequently shared, difficult to clean (e.g. upholstered furniture), and/or not necessary to achieving treatment outcomes will be removed from treatment rooms and reception area including: magazines; water service; product samples or testers; and reusable hand towels. We will continue with our single use hand towels in all washrooms as they will continue to be laundered at high heat with clinic linens.
- Scheduling has been adjusted to help avoid clients arriving and leaving the studio at the same time.
- We are allowing more time between clients/patients for additional cleaning and disinfecting.
- A cleaning log will be maintained.
- When we are ready to schedule appointments we will begin by contacting clients/patients who had appointments previously scheduled beginning in March at the time of our closure.
- Before booking an appointment, your therapist will screen you virtually for risk of COVID-19 by following the MOH’s COVID-19 Patient Screening Document Guidance and the COVID-19 Reference Document for Symptoms.
- All clients/patients will be required to arrive with and wear a clean disposable or reusable mask that can be worn throughout the treatment. One will be provided if necessary. If the client cannot wear a mask (e.g. due to a health condition or difficulty breathing), the therapist will use their professional judgement to assess the risk of providing or continuing treatment. Masks are required to be worn in all common areas in the facility in order to enter.
- Therapists are required to wear medical/surgical grade disposable masks that will be changed after each appointment. The use of gloves and face shields are at the discretion of the therapist and upon request by the client/patient.
- Clients/patients are required to wait outside or in their vehicle. Your therapist will call or text you when you can enter the clinic. Please ensure we have a mobile number on file.
- We will maintain a roster of all people entering the space (including their name and phone number) to assist with contact tracing, ensuring client confidentiality is maintained. In addition to clients, this may include couriers, guardians, and support people/workers. This information will be used for contact tracing only, should someone who visited the setting later be diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Clients/patients are to arrive alone (where possible) and as close to their appointment time as possible. If a client is unable to arrive alone, the person accompanying them will be screened at arrival to the appointment and will be asked to provide their name and number upon arrival for contact tracing purposes. The person accompanying the client should also be instructed to arrive at the appointment wearing a clean disposable or reusable mask.
- Clients/patients will be required to wash or sanitize your hands upon arrival and after treatment.
- Immediately prior to treatment before the client/patient enters the facility, we will screen the client/patient to ensure the client’s COVID-19 status has not changed using the same criteria COVID-19 Pandemic as when the client booked the appointment.
- Therapists must screen themselves using the same criteria COVID-19 Pandemic as when the client booked the appointment. This screening will be documented in the client’s health record. If immediately before treatment, either the client or the therapist does not pass screening, the therapist must not provide treatment.
Reception will continue to be limited during this time. We will respond to all emails and phone calls as soon as possible. Please be patient with us as we navigate through this “new normal”. Please feel free to reach out with any questions!
Yours in health,
The Spine Stretch Team
June 3, 2020
- Treatment Spotlight: Soft Tissue Manipulation July 29, 2020
- Stress and Supplementation With Vitamin B July 29, 2020
- Regulated Health Care Professionals return to the studio June 3, 2020
- Important Update Regarding Clinic Reopening and Fee Increases June 3, 2020
- Mental Health and Overall Wellness April 6, 2020