Strreeeeetch…With Fascial Stretch Therapy
What is Fascia?
Fascia is the network of connective tissue that weaves through and surrounds every part of the body. When the fascial network is healthy, we move and feel our best. The problem comes when the fascia stiffens in response to mental, physical or emotional stress. When this happens we compromise the health and function of our tissues, leaving us feeling tight and misaligned.
What is Fascial Stretch Therapy?
Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST) is a unique, table-based assisted stretching technique that focuses on decompressing the joint capsule to effectively restore mobility and function to the myofascia. It combines gentle traction with active and passive stretches in multiple planes of movement to unglue restricted tissues and optimize flexibility gains without pain.
Benefits of FST:
- reduces muscular soreness and tension
- improves body alignment and posture
- reduces recovery time
- promotes relaxation and stress reduction
- improves mobility
What to Expect:
The assisted stretches are performed on a massage table. Comfortable straps are used to stabilize the parts of the body not being stretched to better facilitate relaxation and increase the effectiveness of the stretch. Clients should wear comfortable clothes that do not restrict motion. Socks or bare feet are recommended.
Who Would Benefit from FST?
Everyone! Whether you sit at a desk all day, compete in sport or fitness activities or are experiencing mobility issues and stiffness, Fascial Stretch Therapy can help.
Want to give FST a try?
*Please note that FST is not recommended for individuals with arthritis.
- Get Relief From Winter Back Pain January 24, 2019
- How To Get More Water AND ABSORB IT: Top Tips from the Team November 13, 2018
- The One Thing That Will Make Your Whole Life Better October 23, 2018
- Energizing Raspberry Chocolate Smoothie Bowl September 24, 2018
- You Asked… We Listened! September 7, 2018